My Way Checking
A checking account that just fits. Your money, your life, your way.Open an account Find a branch
My Way Checking Features
Mobile & Online Banking
Debit Card Included
- Bundle your checking and savings accounts for a more convenient way to budget and save toward your goals.
- Personalize your debit card by making it one of our collegiate or specialized Affinity Cards.5
- Students under 25: First box of 25 checks printed at no charge.1
See My Way Checking details
- Access to Online Bill Pay
- Convenience of Online statements2
- Access to Mobile Wallet3
- 24/7 account information available at 1-888-797-7711
- Opening deposit: $50
- Monthly requirements to avoid monthly fee:
- $250 minimum daily ledger balance -OR-
- Five debit card purchase transactions -OR-
- At least one direct deposit (ACH deposit) of $100 or more -OR-
- Be a student enrolled in school (available to students under 25, upon request)6
- Monthly Fee:
- $8 if monthly requirement is not met
- Monthly statements:2
- No fee for Online Statements -OR-
- Paper statement fee: $2 per month
- Chemistry finals are hard. Your checking doesn’t have to be. Make banking easier and more manageable by utilizing all the conveniences and services offered with My Way Checking. And if you’re a student aged 18-24, there’s no monthly fee.
- Students under 25: First box of 25 checks printed at no charge.
3 steps to your new checking account.
- Complete our online application.
- Fund your account with as little as $50.
- Sign up for online banking.
Other personal checking accounts to consider
Performance CheckingEarn a high rate of interest on your checking balance.
Budget Smart CheckingAvoid overspending and stay on track.
Interest Plus CheckingThe higher your balance, the more you earn.
Heritage CheckingGet special perks for those 62 and over.
1Accounts that receive free checks are required to pay tax and shipping on the check order.
2If an account is not enrolled in online statements, there will be a $2 monthly fee for paper statements.
3Not available for Cadence VISA credit card, Mastercard Business debit or credit card, or HSA customers. Only available for Mastercard personal debit cards or credit cards issued by Cadence Bank. Not all retailers accept mobile wallet payments. Look for the symbol or icon representing the mobile wallet app you use prior to making purchases. Additionally, the retailer must also accept Mastercard. Availability of your mobile wallet may be affected by your mobile carrier’s coverage area. Your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
4Eligible overdraft protection sources are a Cadence checking account, savings account, credit card account, and line of credit (other than a Texas home equity line of credit). See Overdraft Protection Terms and Conditions for additional details.
5Affinity Cards are available for any Cadence Bank checking account and have an annual $5 fee per card.
6The student waiver is available upon request for students under age 25. The student waiver will automatically be removed, and you will be subject to the My Way monthly fee requirements, beginning with the first monthly statement cycle following your 25th birthday. Students are also eligible to receive the first box of 25 checks at no charge or 50% off of a collegiate check style (first order only). Students must be at least 18 to have a single-party account. All students under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian as a multiple-party account owner. If residing in Alabama, students under the age of 19 must have a parent or guardian as a multiple-party account owner.