Heritage Checking Features
Free Debit Card
- Earn competitive interest rates
- Earn Bonus Travel rewards
- Open your account with as little as $50
See Heritage Checking details
- Earn interest on checking7
- Enjoy unlimited check writing
- Receive personalized checks3
- Benefit from direct deposit and have your payroll, Social Security or other recurring income deposited straight into your checking account
- Get a Debit Mastercard®
- No fee for online or paper statements9
- Manage your account with Online Banking
- Bill Pay to make monthly payments through Online Banking
- Gain access to Spending, our online budgeting tool
- Enjoy Mobile Banking1
- Utilize Mobile Wallet – a fast and secure way to keep pace with your lifestyle8
- Receive $100,000 common carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)4
- Enjoy DebitSecure; when you use your debit card, you'll get automatic protection from theft, accidents and injuries5
- Receive Payment Card Protection: Cancel your credit card and request prompt replacement with a toll-free call5
- Receive a complimentary Savers Club Book: Save 50% at over 3,000 participating lodging properties from coast to coast, and receive discount offers from theme parks and car-rental companies5
- Enjoy Bonus Travel: Earn cash rewards when you arrange travel through our toll-free number: (800) 860-7182; get 5% savings on lodging expense, airline travel, car rentals, cruises and package trips5
- Receive copies of Sojourns® magazine at no additional charge5
- Bundle your checking and savings accounts for a more convenient way to budget and save toward your goals
- Gain access to your account information 24 hours a day with just a quick call to our InfoLine at 1-888-797-7711
Want to get more from your Heritage Checking account? With our optional add-on products, you can build in the extra features you want, for a minimal fee, without having to update your checking account option.
- Overdraft Protection available2
- Personalize your debit card by making it one of our collegiate or specialized Affinity Cards6
- Must be 62 years of age or older
- Opening deposit: $50
- Requirements to waive monthly fee:
- $500 minimum daily ledger balance
- Monthly fee:
- $8 if monthly requirements are not met
- Monthly statements:
- Online Statements at no additional charge -OR-
- Image statements with imaged checks at no additional charge
- Bill Pay at no additional charge with personal checking account
Other personal checking accounts to consider
Performance CheckingEarn a high rate of interest on your checking balance.
Budget Smart CheckingAvoid overspending and stay on track.
Interest Plus CheckingThe higher your balance, the more you earn.
My Way CheckingGet all the features you’d expect, and more.
1Carrier data charges may apply. The Cadence Mobile Banking App is available for iPhone® and Android™ devices. Visit the iTunes Store or the Android™ Market to download your app today. If you do not have an iPhone or Android device, you can access Mobile Banking by going to cadencebank.com/mobile after enrolling.
2See Overdraft Protection Terms and Conditions for additional details and availability.
3Heritage Checking customers receive one box free per year of special member checks and 50% off any other check offer. Accounts that receive free checks are required to pay tax and shipping on the check order.
4$100,000 accidental death and dismemberment insurance provided the accident occurs while a fare paying customer on a common carrier. If a joint account, the insurance coverage is split between the joint parties. The beneficiary for the accidental death insurance benefit on this product follows the automatic succession of: spouse, child(ren), parents, brothers and sisters, estate. A beneficiary can be designated outside of this order by completing a change of beneficiary form.
5This product is provided through Cadence and our third-party partner, Affinion Marketing Innovations.
6Affinity Cards are available for any Cadence checking account and have an annual $5 fee per card.
7Interest is calculated based on simple interest applied to the daily collected balance. Interest is credited at statement time and is available for early withdrawal.
8Not available for Cadence VISA credit card, Mastercard® Business debit or credit card, or HSA customers. Only available for Mastercard® personal debit cards or credit cards issued by Cadence. Not all retailers accept mobile wallet payments. Look for the symbol or icon representing the mobile wallet app you use prior to making purchases. Additionally, the retailer must also accept Mastercard®. Availability of your mobile wallet may be affected by your mobile carrier’s coverage area. Your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
9In order to receive free Online Statements, you must first enroll in Online Statements.