Wedding Planning Tips
It’s never too early to start planning for spring and summer weddings.
A wedding day is a special and memorable occasion to be cherished for a lifetime. With weddings being a billion-dollar industry, it’s important to keep a sharp eye on costs. Whether you’re planning your own wedding or helping a friend or loved one plan theirs, here are seven tips to help you plan your dream wedding without going into debt.
1. Set a budget: Before you start planning, sit down with your partner and figure out how much you can afford to spend on your wedding. Make sure to factor in all costs, including the engagement ring, wedding bands, dress and tuxedo, invitations, flowers, photography, music, catering, and honeymoon.
2. Set priorities: Decide what’s most important to you and your partner and allocate your budget accordingly. For example, if you want a fancy reception but don’t care as much about the flowers, put more money toward the reception.
3. Look for ways to save: Instead of booking an expensive venue, consider having the ceremony and reception in a park or a friend’s backyard. You can also save money on flowers by choosing in-season blooms or opting for potted plants instead of flower arrangements.
4. Shop around: Compare prices for everything from the dress to the catering. Don’t hesitate to negotiate or ask vendors if they can beat a competitor’s quote.
5. Ask friends and family to pitch in: Don’t be afraid to ask family and friends for help if they have the ability to provide services or even loan equipment or space.
6. Look for alternative ways to pay: Some couples choose to finance their wedding using credit cards or personal loans. If you’re borrowing for a wedding, be well aware of the interest rates and lending terms before signing on the dotted line. It may be better to consider alternative ways to pay, such as asking family and friends for help or reducing the size and scope of the wedding.
7. Share the love: At the end of the day, remember that your wedding day is about celebrating love. Don't let hand-wringing over budgets ruin your special day. Enjoy the planning journey. Cherish the memories you’ll make with friends and family.
By following these tips, you can be well on your way to having the wedding of your dreams without going into debt. With a little bit of planning, you can make your special day memorable and affordable.
Need to track expenses to plan your wedding?
Use our Budgeting and Savings Goal tools and access statements online. Sign up for Online Banking today!
This article is provided as a free service to you and is for general informational purposes only. Cadence Bank makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the content in the article. The article is not intended to provide legal, accounting or tax advice and should not be relied upon for such purposes.