America Saves Week
Take the pledge to save in 2023!
America Saves Week is almost here! This annual event, which takes place from February 27 to March 3, is a great opportunity to take stock of your savings plans and set new goals for the future. Here are five tips to help build your savings during America Saves Week and beyond:
1. Automate your savings. One of the easiest ways to save is to have a portion of your paycheck automatically deposited into a savings account.
2. Set a specific savings goal. Whether you're saving for a down payment on a house, a vacation or an emergency fund, having a specific goal in mind will help you stay focused.
3. Make a budget. Knowing how much you spend each month will help you figure out how much you can afford to save.
4. Look for ways to cut expenses. Whether cutting back on dining out or canceling subscriptions you don't use, finding places to reduce your spending can free up those funds to put toward your savings goals.
5. Take advantage of employer-sponsored retirement plans. Start saving early for retirement. If your employer offers a 401(k) or another retirement plan, be sure to use it. Many employers will even match a portion of your contributions, which is a great way to boost your savings.
America Saves Week is a great time to start building your savings, but remember that saving is a lifelong habit. By setting goals, creating a budget, and automating your savings, you'll be well on your way to a better financial future. To learn more about America Saves Week, visit AmericaSavesWeek.org.
Now that you’ve taken the pledge, start saving!
This article is provided as a free service to you and is for general informational purposes only. Cadence Bank makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the content in the article. The article is not intended to provide legal, accounting or tax advice and should not be relied upon for such purposes.