Cadence Bank eagerly employs every available safeguard to ensure the security of your Mobile Banking1 sessions. We are constantly updating to try to anticipate threats to banking systems and keep your information safe. Our service includes:
- Encryption of all data
- Required PIN login
- Servers certified by a “Certificate Authority”
- Enrollment only available for Cadence Online Banking customers
How You Can Keep Your Data Safe
When you bank on the run, you can take steps to protect your password and account information as follows:
- Don’t write down or share any personal account information, usernames, passwords or PIN numbers with others. Choose security questions and answers that are hard for others to guess.
- Promptly report incidents of unauthorized account access or use by calling Cadence Customer Service. You must notify us of unauthorized activity within 60 calendar days.
- Use the keypad lock or phone lock function on your mobile device. These functions password-protect your device so that no one else can use it without your permission.
- Keep your device in a secure location.
- Delete old text messages from Cadence Bank and other financial institutions before loaning out, discarding or selling your mobile device.
- Never send personal information (account numbers, passwords, social security number, etc.) by text message. If a message is intercepted or your phone is stolen, it could be used for identity theft.
- To ensure the safety of your personal and account information, only download mobile apps from reputable sources. You can download our Cadence Bank Mobile App for iPhone® or iPad® from the Apple® App Store or for Android™ Mobile Phone or Tablet from the Google Play™ Store.2
- Do not use your social security number as a username or password.
- Change your usernames and passwords regularly and use combinations of letters and numbers.
- Do not use your Online Banking password as a password for other online accounts.
- Always log off from any website after making a purchase with your credit or debit card. If you cannot log off, close your web browser to prevent unauthorized access to your account information.
- Shop only websites that you know and trust. Look for “secure transaction” symbols like a lock symbol in the lower right-hand corner of your web browser window, or “https://…” in the address bar. The “s” means the web page is encrypted.
To change your Cadence Bank password or PIN, call Cadence Customer Service at 800-636-7622.
1 Web access is needed to use Mobile Banking. Mobile Banking is only available to customers enrolled in Fluent by Cadence. Standard text messaging and data plan rates may apply. Consult your mobile service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply for you.
2 Currently, the Mobile App is only available for Apple’s iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ phone and tablets. The iPhone®, iPad™, Apple logo and iTunes® are all trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google in the U.S. and other countries..